Friday, November 7, 2008

What?!

Two posts in one day?

I know, right?
Madness.
Especially since there was, like, a month between my second and third posts.

Really, though, I can justify it. Because technically right now is a different day than my previous post. Why? Because I've slept for eight hours in between the two. I'm telling you, that's just how my brain works. Weird, I know.

Also, I really need to think of new ways to occupy my time here at work since everything fun gets taken away from me. I guess it's probably only a matter of time until Blogger gets blacklisted. But you can bet all the tea in China that the websites for ESPN and Sports Illustrated are still up and running. Interesting.

Remember how I said that I was probably going to pick up an extra shift tomorrow morning because someone wasn't feeling well and my plans for a spur-of-the-moment super fab Saturday evening were botched? Well I lied.

I guess I didn't lie so much as I decided that I have way too much to accomplish on my one real day off. My list is as follows:

1. Compile items to send to my gorgeous sister in a care-packaged
2. Mail the aforementioned package
3. Buy stamps
4. Mail rent check AND electric bills with the aforementioned stamps
5. Buy gas before it goes up to $5 a gallon. Because I have a feeling it might.
6. Put air in my driver's side rear tire. It needs it, believe me.
7. Grocery shopping
8. Target for essentials, such as cat litter, toilet paper, laundry detergent and large Zip-Loc baggies.
9. Drive to my most favorite apple orchard in the area to find some really delicious apples before the season is over.
10. Home to cook veggie chili, vegetable soup, barbecued tofu, hummus, and maybe if I'm feeling ambitious, some bread (I'm trying this new thing where I cook a whole bunch of food for the week in an effort to see if it makes me eat out less. Also, I figure that it's gotta be healthier than Noodles and Company every single stinkin' day)
11. Some laundry
12. Clean CLEAN CLEAN my little apartment
13. And maybe MAYBE if he's really nice to me, stop over and see the sick boy at some point.

So, as it stands, I've got some things to get done tomorrow. I know that overtime is nice, and that if I wanted to I could probably do some of these things on Sunday. But not all of them. That's kind of the point, I think.

One of my biggest problems has always been that when I have things to get done, I have in the past had tendencies to kind of push them under the rug, and they'd just keep piling up until the rug literally didn't touch the floor anymore. Not healthy, let me tell you. All of the things on my list might be kind of trivial, but I figure start small and work up to the bigger things. Like:

1. Get a new Social Security card
2. Keep my checkbook balanced
3. Pay off my credit card
4. Make my own car payments
5. Make/shop for/find everyone's Christmas gifts
6. Find myself a new job within company
7. Register for classes for next semester
8. GRADUATE

Whew. I'm getting kind of stressed just thinking about all that stuff.
Which is why I need to not work that extra shift tomorrow.
And get all my stuff from the first list done.
Because I know I can.
And I know it will make me feel better about myself.
Even though the prospect of extra money is really appealing.
And I'm still kind of torn.
But I don't think I'll regret my choice.
There are some things in life that are more important than money.
Sometimes, at least.

Peace and Love.

No comments: