Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Verdict

Re: Quantum of Solace

Ummm...I was bored.
Like, for real.
I think we all expected better, especially from "the best Bond movie ever."
No seriously.

One of the more redeeming elements?

Please observe the display at the right -------->
Yeah.
And he wore some really awesome Valentino suits.
And a tux.
A TUX.
I think we all know how I feel about men in tuxes.

Yes.


On a more productive note... the tire is fixed! Freaking finally.
Three cheers for AAA, who arrived in under ten minutes, not to mention the fact that they got down on the dirty, nasty, wet ground. While I watched.
I salute you, AAA!


We watched this movie tonight before I had to go to work about vampires in Sweden and bullies and bad haircuts (I only included that because there are a LOT of bad haircuts in this movie-- more on that later). It was, to say the least, enjoyable. Scratch that. Very enjoyable. It was poignant and profound and not at all scary like other Vampire-oriented flicks. I'm not even kidding. It in no way made me think that I would wake up in the middle of the night and look out the window and endure a paralyzing wave of terror coupled with visions of vampires leaping across the roofs of snow-covered buildings in the moonlight.
Not that such a thing has ever happened.
Especially not after watching 40 Days of Night.

Anyway, the best part of the movie was not, as you might imagine, the artistic styling or progressive character development. I think the award for most entertaining movie element goes to the colorful commentary that comes along with watching ANY movie with me.
Not because I'm witty.
Mostly because I don't always think before I say things.

For example, I decided to let everyone know that I had been to Sweden (where the movie was set, in case you missed that part). I happen to do that every time I'm watching a TV show of movie that involves someplace I've been.
Why do I do such a thing?
Because I am awesome.

So I announced that I was familiar with the Swedes. Like the bad-ass that I am.
And, as a result, I endured some following questions all throughout our movie-going experience:
"Hey Molly, are all haircuts in Sweden that crappy?"
"Do all Swedes walk around in their underwear constantly?"
"Apparently, Swedish forensic science is not as advanced as their furniture-making abilities."

Okay, so maybe that last one was me.

Either way, I should probably stop painting myself as some kind of expert on foreign culture. Particularly since I'm not.

Oh, and a quick note to my Mom:
I hereby solemnly swear to never EVER put you in a nursing home.
Explanation to follow sometime in the near future.

I'm going to go eat some more jalapeno pretzels now.

No comments: