Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Terrible, Awful, No Good, and Very bad

My car has a flat tire.

I might be a little peeved.

Just a tad.

I had to take Blake's car to work. Which worked out well because I spent the night there last night. What did not work out well, however, was the fact that I could not, for all the ice cream in all the grocer's freezer sections in all the land, fall asleep.

Nope.
Not at all.
I stared at the ceiling until 5 am.

I need to stop working these overnights.
It's totally screwing with my circadian* rhythm

*or, as my 7 year-old cousin, Sophie, might say "cicada-ian."


And then every single person on the face of the planet felt the need to get up in my business today. Buddha wouldn't even cut me a break and give me an ill-tempered neanderthal every other time someone tried to communicate with me. Oh no. It had to be every single freaking call.
Is this punishment for the fact that I ate pizza at midnight last night?
Well played, sir. Well played.

But I swear, if one more person treats me like a moron because I ask them to repeat themselves due to the fact that they either have peanut butter stuck to the roof of their mouth, missed that day in kindergarten when the topic of "annunciation" was covered, or are just plain lazy...
Well I might just lose it.


Also I haven't quite figured out what to do with my tire. I can call AAA, and they'll probably tow it to some place that will charge me a million dollars (which I do not have) to fix it, or we (and by we, I of course mean Blake) can take it off ourselves and go to Wal-Mart and get it patched for what I can only assume will be a smaller deduction from my bank account.

But then I'd have to go to Wal-Mart.
With the unwashed masses.
And the evil.

Also, I just got the hiccups. Which, if you're me, can last forever.


So maybe I'm kind of having one of those days.

But I was sitting here at work a little bit ago, attempting to convince myself that shoving a baby carrot into my ocular cavity just so I could go home for the night was really not worth the potential long-term damage it might cause, when....

I got a text message on my phone.
And this is what was inside.



KISSES!!!!!


That was totally the actual caption, too.

I showed it to Heather and Monica.

We laughed so hard we cried.

No comments: