Saturday, April 11, 2009

If I had a million dollars

I would buy everything in this store. But I don't, so I can't.
Maybe just one or two or five things.
I know I just cleaned out my closet, but whatever. (I'm not listening to you Lara....lalalalala....can't hear you)
Until such time as I can afford to support Keiko monetarily, I will support her by reading her blog.
Doesn't she seem like a really lovely person?
I'm kind of jealous of how cute she is, too.

I wrote a post some time ago about how I am a total bibliophile and have this need inhale books that way humans need oxygen.
At this moment in time, my reading list is a little pathetic and depressing because we're moving (still...even though we've been paying rent since the 5th and are STILL NOT TOTALLY MOVED IN...that's why the Universe gave us Easter Sunday. Sort of.) and I have no time to sit down and actually read. I'm also so overwhelmed with everything that is going on right now that I've come to a point where I can't really muster any enthusiasm for reading.
Which is weird.
Especially for me.

I think I need to add some more books to the list.

My Antonia by Willa Cather: it's Gramma's favorite book. Therefore, it deserves a place on my list.

The Pigman by Paul Zindel: this one happens to by my Mom's fave. Which is strange because it's so...depressing. Everyone is dead. Ruth is not a depressing person by any means, so what the hell? Despite the oddness to it, the book is still very powerful. I remember reading it in 7th grade and crying all the way through it. But, that's what I do sometimes.

Before I change my mind, someone needs to take these away from me so I don't injure myself:


Have a happy Easter, ya'll.

No comments: