Monday, March 22, 2010

I like talking about myself.

1. what is your current obsession?
Creative makeup. And maybe eyebrows.

2. what are you wearing today?
Sisly jeans, American Apparel white cami, black long-sleeve from Nordstrom, awesome scarf from Akira, brown boots from Aldo, and gold hoops from some seller on Etsy that I can't recall.

3. what’s for dinner?
El Salvadorian food. Super-pumped.

4. what’s the last thing you bought?
Purple tulips from Trader Joe's.

5. what are you listening to right now?
Interpol-Antics

6. what is sitting next to you right now?
A large gray cat. Purring and snoozing.

7. if you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?
Winnetka on the shore of the lake. Or Paris.

8. one thing you wanna change about yourself?
So many things... but probably my follow-through (bachelor's degree..cough cough...)

9. if you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
London

10. which language do you want to learn?
French, Portuguese, Italian and German are on my list.

11. what’s your favourite quote?
"Not all those who wander are lost."-- JRR Tolkein. In fact, if I were to get a tattoo, that would be it.

12 . would you cook for me?
Homemade pizza or spaghetti. We like carbs over here.

13. what is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?
Walk away. Or ignore them. Or punch them in the face. Either way.

14. what are you afraid of the most?
Fish.

15. who do you want to meet right now?
Dr. Drew. He just seems so "with it." I think it would be interesting to sit down and talk to him.

16. what is your favourite color?
Purple. It's kind of an obsession.

17. give us 3 styling tips that work for you.
Scarves.
Fun jewelry (animal-themed works for me)
Always bring someone you trust to shop with you.

18. what is your dream job?
Makeup artist, photographic stylist, journalist.

19. what’s your favorite magazine?
Real Simple.

20. if you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?
Books. Or maybe towards my credit card debt? That would be a good plan.

21. what do you consider a fashion faux pas?
Trying too hard.

22. who according to you is the most over-rated writer?
Stephenie Meyer. I know, I know- I've read Twilight, I've seen the movies. The concept is pretty innovative, but the writing really is crap.

23. what brings a smile on your face instantly?
Stupid cat pictures, funny text messages from teh BFF's.

24. a word that you say a lot?
The F-Word. I try really, REALLY hard not to and I'm getting better, but it's definitely still present in my vernacular.

25. what kind of haircut do you prefer?
I would love LOVE to have long hair. I think it's much more versatile. However, by the time my hair gets to the "growing out" point, it tends to get stringy and annoying. So, short and layered it is!

26. what are you going to do after this?
Laundry, homework, and running some errands.

27. what do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?
Take a nap with the fat gray cat.

28. what makes you go wild?
Nice weather.

29. what are your favourite movies?
There are so many....but lately, I've been into foreign films with subtitles.

30. what inspires you?
Literature. Poetry. Movies. Music. Photography. Paintings. Art, in a word.

31. what do your friends call you most commonly?
Loud. Or neurotic.

32. would you prefer coffee or tea?
Tea. Coffee tends to upset my stomach.

33. which other blogs do you love visiting?
A lot of them. Anything that doesn't take itself too seriously, is witty, has great ideas, or beautiful images.

34. favorite dessert/sweet?
Popsicles. I've also been known to inhale creme brulee, but I'm trying to eliminate dairy so that's not happening anymore.

35. how many tabs are turned on in your browser right now?
Four. That's pretty tame 'round these parts.

36. when you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
Walk away. Very quickly.

37. favorite season?
Fall. I love all the smells and the colors and the weather. It's pretty much perfect.

38. one wish that you really want to see it come true?
An appropriate plan for environmental conservation, a solution to world hunger and a solution to all the excess consumption, particularly in America. That counts as one wish, right?

39. what breaks your heart?
Mistreatment of animals. Close-minded people. Young girls who feel the need to objectify themselves as a result of low self-esteem.

40. what's one thing you really want to do in life?
Live with total independence.

No comments: