Saturday, December 13, 2008

Oh, and as long as we're talking about music

I have some confessions to make.

1. I hate The Doors. Hate 'em. I don't understand their talent, nor do I comprehend their eternal "genius" label from rock aficionados. It just sounds like throaty carnival music to me.

2. I cannot abide Christmas music on any day other than the day from which the genre derives it's title. It's unnecessary and cruel. Maybe this makes me a party-pooper or buzzkill or Scrooge, but whatever. I blame the retail industry.

3. I kind of love Taylor Swift's song "Love Story" (and by 'kind of', I of course mean a whole lot). I know it's pop. I know Taylor Swift it 18. I know the video sucks and the lyrics are contrived in such a way that appeals to pre-teen girls. I don't care. Every time I hear it on the radio, my heart skips a beat. And, I died a little inside when the CD met it's melt-y doom in the firey depths of my car last Friday.


There.
I said it.

No comments: