Friday, April 1, 2011

Bricks and Ivy

One of my favorite things about spring, aside from the whole sunshine and warmth thing, is the intercession of the seasons of hockey and baseball.
And, if one is a citizen of the great city of Chicago as I am, it is a great time of year to be a sports-fan indeed.

Today was opening day within the friendly confines of Wrigley Field.*

*Please note: I am a Cubs fan. I have been all my life. Yes, I am used to disappointment. No, it does not change my mind, nor do I wish to pledge allegiance to another team. Sorry if that offends you. I am a Cubs fan because I love baseball, I love Chicago, and I love what the legacy of the team and the fans represent-- loyalty. We may not have the best record in the league, but we damn well have the most resilient fans Aaannnd....end rant.


It was freezing.
It was raining.
It was windy.
And we lost.

But that's okay.
Because I still got to eat peanuts and watch batting practice and make fun of all the drunk people around me.
AND.
I got to wear a rain poncho.
When was the last time you wore one of those?!
Am I right?

In honor of the start inauguration of baseball season 2011 and my favorite baseball team and the fact that I'm going to see Eddie Vedder June 28th at the Chicago Theater, I give you this lovely montage.

No comments: