Sunday, March 27, 2011

Mom's Are The Bestest

Aren't they?
My awesome mom sent this to me the other day.
I happened to be at work, and my e-mail happens to go to my Blackberry, and I just happened to check it while I had some downtime (certainly NOT while I wasn't supposed to be looking at my phone).
It was the best possible relief I could have asked for at that particular point in time. I've been really consumed with my job lately, which has taken a major toll on my emotions.

I wish I knew where it came from so I would be able to give credit where credit is due.
If anyone does, let me know and I'll gladly link it.

In the mean time, please enjoy.
And don't forget to stop and smell the roses.
Or something like that.

SLOW DANCE
Have you ever
watched
kids
On a merry-go-round?
Or listened to
the rain
Slapping on the ground?

Ever followed a
butterfly's erratic flight?
Or gazed at the sun into the
fading
night?
You better slow down.
Don't
dance so
fast.
Time is short.
The music
won't last.
Do you run through each day
On the fly?
When you ask "How are you?"
Do you hear the reply?
When the day is done
Do you lie in your bed
With the next hundred chores
Running through your head?
You'd better slow down
Don't dance so
fast.
Time is
short.
The music won't last.
Ever told your
child,
"We'll do it tomorrow?"
And in your haste,
Not see his
sorrow?
Ever lost touch,
Let a good
friendship die
Cause you
never had time
To call and say,'Hi'
You'd better slow down.
Don't dance so fast.
Time is short.
The music won't last..
When you run
so fast to get somewhere
You miss half the fun of getting
there.
When you worry and hurry
through your day,
It is like an unopened gift....
Thrown away.
Life is not a race.
Do take it slower
Hear the music
Before the song is over.

No comments: