Thursday, February 12, 2009

Confessions

1. I'm pretty sure the yahoos at McDonald's gave me regular Coke instead of diet. Let me just say that I don't really drink pop. Like, as in almost never. And when "almost never" rolls around, I try to go for diet over regular. You know, for health reasons and stuff. So on this rare occasion that I do choose to partake in that-which-is-so-unholy, it really busts my chops when jerkfaces who choose not to listen to me when ALL I ORDER IS ONE STINKING DRINK. But you know what? I'm drinking it anyway. Because I need the caffeine. Joke's on you, incompetent fast-foodigans.

2. While I am drinking the aforementioned evil pop, I am also eating some Twizzlers. And maybe a Ding-Dong for good measure. Because tonight is all about consuming things that are good for my body. Obviously. And currently, it is also all about watching "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist", which is admittedly not as crappy as everyone told me it would be. It's actually kind of amusing. I guess since I'm eating junk food and watching borderline-awful romantic comedies, tonight could probably considered my pseudo-Valentine's celebration. Particularly since I will be engaging in some very un-Valentiney activities on the actual day. Oh, and I'm getting paid for polluting my body and my brain. I'm the coolest person ever, right?

3. I am kind of entertained by the song "The Gambler", as performed by Kenny Rogers. I know that it's crappy. I know that everyone else thinks it sucks. I don't care. If Kenny Rogers and songs about transients spouting life advice and then dying on trains are wrong, then I don't want to be right.

4. Michael Cera is the sh*t. Watching him makes my life happier. Also, he makes me miss "Arrested Development." I can't wait for the movie.

5. Barack and Michelle are in Springfield tonight for some Lincoln-related banquet at the Crowne Plaza. But first they stopped in Peoria. In a car, it takes approximately an hour and a half to drive from Peoria to Springfield. Airforce One took off at 5:02 and landed at 6:21. It took a JET an hour and 11 minutes to make a trip that takes and hour and 30 minutes by car. Three guesses as to why...

6. I have the greatest friends of all time. No. Seriously.

7. I think that hand-holding is a lost art. And I think we should bring it back.

3 comments:

Southern Girl said...

Uh, "The Gambler" is SO not crappy. And you are completely justified in your love. The only song better is "9 to 5". I mean fo' reals..."and when he finished speaking, he turned back toward the window, crushed out his cigarette and faded off to sleep, and somewhere in the darkness, The Gambler he broke even, but in his final words I found an ace that I could keep." That's DEEP. And philosophical. It RULES.

Marie 'lyn :) said...

Um...soooooooooooooooo...I forgot what I was going to comment about because Wrigley was being cute...hold please...

Marie 'lyn :) said...

Oh right!! Hand holding! Hand Holding is only a lost art to some....the rest of us stil practice!